Drava project manager
Honlap név WWF Hungary
Make a difference to today’s world
WWF Hungary is seeking to recruit a dynamic, reliable and committed
Drava project manager
(full-time, based in Budapest)
The main responsibility of this position is to coordinate and implement the freshwater programme activities of WWF Hungary along river Drava and contribute to the preparation and implementation of related projects.
Freshwater programme along Drava aims to improve the ecological and hydromorphological status of the river with special attention on river deregulation measures, also to prevent the water regime from further harmful infrastructure developments, especially hydropower plants. These measures contribute to the proper management of the Mura-Drava-Danube Biosphere Reserve and a nature-friendly transboundary water management.
Furthermore this position will contribute to WWF’s freshwater program in Hungary. This includes development and management of various projects, advocacy, communication and expertise for a water resilient society and protecting freshwater ecosystems of the Danube catchment.
The Drava project manager reports to WWF Hungary’s conservation director and is based in Budapest, partly working in home office.
Your duties will include:
I. Major responsibilities under the Drava project
The Drava project manager will:
– manage the implementation of WiseDrava LIFE project, including the coordination of partners, administration and reporting;
– manage the implementation of Lifeline MDD Interreg project, including the coordination of Hungarian strategic partners. Lead the conservation actions and support the communication actions of WWF Hungary;
– build and maintain network with Mura-Drava-DanubeTransboundary Biosphere Reserve decision makers, water and nature managers, mayors, NGOs and other stakeholders and contribute to the proper management of riverine ecosystems and water regime;
– identify potencial restoration and/or pilot sites for the preservation of the riverine ecosystems and demonstration of ecosystem services;
– advocate and lobby against harmful infrastructure developments and water regulation measures;
– develop and maintain partnership with Drava countries’ WWF offices and other NGOs, protected area managers and water management bodies;
– manage relevant national and international projects including technical implementation, partnership management, administration and reporting;
– represent WWF Hungary and its conservation position at various meetings, conferences, public events and in media.
II. Further responsibilities under WWF Hungary’s Freshwater program
The Drava project manager will:
– contribute to policy work at national and EU level for improving the Water Legislation and harmonising WFD with other relevant directives (Flood Dir., Bird & Habitat Dir.); advocate and influence river basin management plans in order to achieve a better status of Drava and its tributaries;
– contribute to the development and implementation of freshwater communication;
– contribute with expertise to the management of individual legal cases against harmful projects along Hungarian rivers and water bodies;
– develop project proposals with international partners and search proactively for funding opportunities.
We expect from you:
– Corresponding university degree or post-graduate degree (nature/environmental sciences or related technical/engineering fields).
– Expertise in the field of freshwater, water management and policy, including nature based adaptation solutions.
– At least 3 years of relevant work experience.
– General understanding of environmental challenges and the related socio-economic aspects, system-like thinking.
– Expertise in development and implementation of field or communication projects along Drava is an asset.
– Experience in EU water policy and its implementation on national or international level is an asset.
– Experience in development and implementation of EU environmental projects is an asset.
– Experience in public campaigning is an asset.
– Excellent networking and interpersonal skills, ability to work in a multi-cultural environment with diverse stakeholders.
– Fluent Hungarian and English.
Proactive attitude; self-starter, quick learner and good team player.
– Ability to work with the national and international WWF team, as well as independently.
– Project management skills: timely implementation, ability to plan and coordinate diverse parallel activities with several participants, accurate administration.
– Passion and commitment to WWF’s environmental mission.
We are offering:
– Opportunity to make a difference – for Hungary and for WWF;
– Challenging and fulfilling activities in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions as part of the largest conservation NGO network of the world;
– Friendly, flexible and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context and a great learning environment;
– Varying tasks and independent work style;;
– A pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment;
– A competitive salary according to NGO standards.
– If you are interested in joining the global WWF family, email your application documents including your motivation letter and CV (in English) to email@example.com
Application deadline: 20.07.2020.
Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates. For more information on WWF Hungary, kindly check the website: www.wwf.hu
A hirdetésre jelentkezéshez küldd el az adataid a firstname.lastname@example.org címre