Project Manager of Climate and Energy Programme (full time, based in Budapest)
Honlap név WWF Magyarország Alapítány
WWF is the world’s largest conservation organization, founded in 1961. We’re active in over 100 countries and have over 8000 employees. WWF Central and Eastern Europe is responsible for leading and to a significant extent implementing WWF’s efforts to preserve, restore and sustainably manage the natural values of the Danube-Carpathian ecoregion, which we also call the Green Heart of Europe. With a team of nearly 200 highly specialised professionals, we are working across political borders through an ecoregional approach based on model projects, influencing policy, networking, capacity building, communication and crisis response.
WWF Hungary is seeking to recruit an experienced Climate and Energy Project Manager to join the nature conservation team.
I. Project-related responsibilities (CEESEU project)
The project manager will be the key responsible person to manage and lead the technical contribution of WWF Hungary, including:
● Support the implementation of SECAPs in the two Hungarian partner municipalities (Municipality of Hatvan, Municipality of Sátoraljaújhely)
● Contribute to development of training materials for local municipalities
● Organize trainings on developing SECAPs for Hungarian municipalities
● Coordinate the work of WWF staff part of this project
● Monitor results and reporting of the technical and financial progress
II. Responsibilities related to the climate change and energy programme
This part of the work will be focused on the general support of the climate and energy programme. The main lines of the work will be:
● Provide technical support to other climate-related projects (Currently: LIFE LOGOS4 WATER, LIFE BIO-BALANCE)
● Develop and implement climate mitigation projects to various EU funds; with the focus on the municipality sector
● Contribute to the development of the climate and energy programme
● Participate in and represent WWF at relevant events, conferences and workshops
● Represent WWF’s position for different stakeholders
● Build and maintain partnerships with relevant stakeholders and allies
● Contribute to WWF’s communication activities.
● University or post-graduate degree (nature/environmental sciences or related technical/engineering fields)
● Experience in working with municipalities is a must
● At least 3 years of work experience in development and preferably implementation of Sustainable Energy and Climate Plans or equivalent strategies
● Expertise in the field of climate change impact and adaptation, especially on municipality level
● General understanding of environmental challenges and the social, economic and political processes interlinked with them. Knowledge of climate adaptation is an asset
● Project management skills: timely implementation, ability to plan and coordinate diverse parallel activities with several participants, accurate administration
● Excellent networker, with good organizational and interpersonal skills, with experience of the Hungarian municipality system
● Excellent written and oral communication skills in Hungarian and English
● Proactive, with a can-do attitude; self-starter, quick learner, good team player
● Solution-oriented thinking
● Flexibility in personality and open-minded
● Alignment with the core values of WWF: Courage, Integrity, Respect and Collaboration.
● the opportunity to make a difference – for the CEE region and for WWF
● challenging and fulfilling work in one of Europe’s most exciting eco-regions
● friendly and highly professional working atmosphere in an international context
● varying tasks and independent work style
● flexible working arrangement
● a pleasant working atmosphere and great learning environment
● a salary according to NGO standards
If you are interested in joining our team, send your CV and cover letter stating your interest in this position (in English) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 27 May 2022. Please understand that we can only reply to short-listed candidates.
For more information about WWF Hungary, kindly check the website: www.wwf.hu.
A hirdetésre jelentkezéshez küldd el az adataid a email@example.com címre